Acrobatic workshop and
Start up a circus school program
Both workshops will be held in Valencia between 20th – 24th May 2011 and organised by Associacio Valenciana de Circ.
Building a Circus School Program
23rd – 24th May 2011
Workshop will be lead by Helena Lario from Escuela de Circo Carampa.
Donald B. Lehn will make an introduction on the internal and external influences on the evolution of our pedagogical projects
Escuela de Circo Carampa
Professional Circus Training Program
Helena Lario, Program Director
As Program Director and member of the managing team of the Escuela de Circo Carampa, Helena Lario´s principal task is the development of the school´s pedagogical program, and the planning and organization of the two year, full time professional training course.
In the framework of Educircation, she will give a detailed presentation of the current program that is offered in Carampa. The goal is for the participants to receive a global vision of the program, and its goals, and to learn how it has developed and evolved in order to come closer and closer to achieving those goals. She will then explain how the contents are evaluated in order for them to be enriched, improved and adapted to future needs.
Evolution of the Project: How it began, what it is today, what it might become
Length of the Program – Phases and Calendar
Student Selection Process: the entrance exams, organization, contents, the criteria for selection, the selection debate.
- Organization of the contents, theoretical and practical subjects, hours and annual distribution
- Creation Processes and end of year creations
- Scheduling, materials and work spaces
- Evaluations – student evaluation, teacher evaluation, program evaluation by students and teachers.
- Teaching Staff – necessities, team building, coordinating divergent origins, philosophies and visions